Background

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dreading the next 4 years

Well, it happened. Eight years ago, when I voted in my very first election I would have never seen this coming. Yet, in the past four years I knew something was going to change and not be for the better. I am not saying the Barack Obama is a horrible person, nor is he necessarily the AntiChrist or anything like that. I think that he is human and his faith, whatever faith he has, is misplaced. The only place that it should be is in God. That is what has kept our county in the forefront all these years, its dedication to the Most High.

I dread the change that will happen in the next four years. Some of the change will be even more far fetched than that, since in some cases it takes so long for new laws and amendments to take effect. By the time the next election comes about will I be able to homeschool John who will be entering kindergarten at that time, will I be able to continue homeschooling Mercy? Or will I be forced to let someone else teach my children about things I have no control over?
Will abortion be even more legalized than it already is? Will gay marriage and parenting be considered the norm by mainstream media and the average citizen? Will "evangelical Christian" be a term of contempt and a mockery of all it was meant to be? Will I be able to worship the way that I choose to worship God, and my savior, Jesus Christ?

Even with all the questions I have about the future I do know that my God is the same yesterday, today, and forever more regardless of how time itself changes things around me. I do know that He said that who the Son sets free is free indeed and Jesus set me free twenty one years ago when I gave my heart to him. I also know that God said he would complete the work that he began in me and I am by golly not done yet; I haven't even gotten started good. He said that no weapon formed against me would prosper and that every tongue that rises against me in judgement I shall condemn. He said that his face shines upon me and shows me peace. Right now that is what I want the most. Peace.

In the midst of everything going on around me, whether it be one falling beside me or ten thousand at my right hand, it will not come near me. Only with my eyes will I look and see the reward of the wicked. The Most High is my habitation, there nothing can come against me. Lord, in the years to come help me to remember that. Help me to know this too shall pass. And most of all, help this nation that has entered into a dark time because of bad choices and turning their backs on you. Give us mercy and grace in this time of need and forgive this country as a whole, for we surely need it.

No comments:

Friends of Mine