Background

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baring My Soul

This is more for me than for anyone else, but I have so much bubbling around in my spirit right now that I have to give it an outlet.
We are a crossroads in our family right now as to the direction to take career wise. It is a momentous circumstance, one that requires great prayer and supplication, so here I go, baring my soul through Psalm 1-40:

The blessed man meditates on God's law, day and night. Whatever he does prospers. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous.
To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers from His holy hill.
Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to You. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice, in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness...make straight your way before me.
You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You.
You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.
How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thought and every day have sorrow in my hear?...Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes...But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.
The Lord restores the fortunes of His people...
Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure...You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.
I call on You, O God, for You will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of Your great love, You who save by Your right hand...
You still the hunger of those You cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed...May the Lord grant all your requests.
...You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You even at my mother's breast. Form birth I was cast upon You; from my mother's womb You have been my God.
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want...He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Do not let me be put to shame...Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way...He will instruct Him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity and his descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them.
Teach me Your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path...I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Into Your hands I commit my spirit.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears...The poor man called, and the Lord hear him; He saved him our of all his troubles.
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall (be utterly cast down), for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
Wait for the Lord and keep His way.
Yes, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

No comments:

Friends of Mine