Background

Sunday, December 28, 2008

So Many Blessings

If I believed in Santa, I would think that he came over our house about four times in the week leading up to Christmas and dumped sleigh fulls of presents into our house! But, I know that it was the bountiful blessings of God. I am beginning to think that next year Tim and I won't have to buy any presents for the kids, since they get so many from everyone else. Not to mention that half of the presents from us came from a barter night I had with a small group I participated in a few weeks ago.

I started being a good and dutiful wife and mother by making lists of who gave what presents to us or the kids but by Christmas Eve, there was no keeping up with it anymore. We drive a smaller SUV and we had to unload it three times between Christmas Eve morning and Christmas Day. We literally had a path through our house to get from one end to the other! Tomorrow I am hiring my neice to help me go through all the toys and decide what to let the kids play with now and what to pack up for three or so months from now. My children both have birthdays in May so it works out well to pack up half their presents at Christmas and birthday time and then unpack the box every three months. That way they have continuous presents and don't get tired or overwhelmed by what they do have.

Wow, I still can't get over how much the children got! Not to mention us. I got a brand new guitar, a diamond necklace and earring set, a pearl necklace and earring set, a willow tree figuring I have been wanting, clothes, pots and other kitchen stuff I needed, and the list goes on. Goodness, just so wonderful how God is to us.

Now I am looking forward to the new year. I am ready to attack all obstacles in our way and begin a great, wonderful year to bring help to those in need and to be diligent doers of what God has instructed us to do. I want to be a resourceful steward who did the best that could be done with what I have, not a miserly servant who hid the one talent he was given. Onward to the new year!

No comments:

Friends of Mine