Background

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Seafood Salad with Avocado Recipe



Seafood Salad Recipe
I don't know about you, but I love seafood salad. I often purchase containers of the stuff at Publix and eat it in the car with a fork! Sometimes I slow down just enough to buy a bag of rolls and eat some in that, like a crab roll. I dream of going to Maine and eating crab rolls from a crab shack. Some day. Oh, some day!
Okay, enough rambling. You are here for a recipe, not my love of seafood.


Now you can eat this Seafood Salad without the, um, "salad" part, but I prepared my plateful with a bed of fresh spinach.


Recipe:

  • 1 package of imitation crab meat, diced or shredded
  • 1 package of baby shrimp optional
  • 1/4 c. of diced celery
  • 1/4 c. of diced onion
  • 1/4 tsp of Old Bay seasoning
  • sprinkle of garlic salt
  • fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of Grey Poupon or preferred mustard
  • mayonnaise to taste, approx 1/2 a cup

Garnish:
Avocado, pitted, sliced and on bed of salad greens
     or substitute single serving tube of guacamole
French Fried onions
Shredded cheese

In a bowl, combine crab meat, shrimp (optional), celery and onion. For best results, sprinkle seasonings over mixture and stir in, before adding remaining ingredients. Stir in the mayo and mustard and place portion size on bed of baby spinach, atop avocado slices or guacamole. Sprinkle shredded cheese and french fried onions over the top and the most important part of all: ENJOY!!

No comments:

Friends of Mine