Background

Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY Laundry Booster

You are not going to believe how easy this DIY project is! Even the kids can get in on this one, especially if they are at that age where they want to know how to do everything, like my two children! It is also free of all the pesticides and unknown chemicals lurking in so many products out there. And no one send me hate mail telling me that baking soda is a chemical; take it in the spirit I intended it...


So what do you need for this magic recipe?

Ta-Da!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baking Soda
Pure, Plain Ol' Baking Soda
As you can see we buy this stuff in bulk!!!!

Then you need your favorite essential oils from Young Living

If you want a slightly spicy scent and massive germ killing, then go with Thieves

If you like fresh scents and need super odor killing power, then go with Purification


 If you like the traditional relaxing scents and need stress relief, go with Lavender


At the moment, our homemade laundry detergent has both Purification and Lavender in it (see here for the laundry liquid detergent, here for the update on it, and here for the laundry soap recipe), so my next batch will be made to match. However, this batch I made up was with Thieves, one of the best smelling things on this planet!

To create this very simple recipe, all you need are the above ingredients: Baking Soda and the essential oil of your choice (I use Young Living and am a distributor for them. If you want to know more about that and to get your own, email me at spiceyourspace@yahoo.com)

Recipe:
1 cup of Baking Soda
15-20 drops of your choice essential oil
Mix thoroughly
in a bowl or container of some sort



Find a pretty thing to store your mixture in.
My choice was this canister belonging to my husband's grandmother
Inside is a dose cup like what you get with liquid cold medicine
For each load of really nasty laundry:
Add 1tsp-1T. depending on your preference, size of load, etc

 And that is it!
See! I told you it was simple!
Note of caution, though: Do not store in plastic containers if your essential oil contains any citrus oil. The citrus will eat through the toxins of the plastic leaving you with a frightful mess.
P.S.- stay tuned for my newest recipe on Laundry Sauce, a new take on laundry detergent
Coming Soon!

No comments:

Friends of Mine