Background

Thursday, February 12, 2009

In the Moment

It has been one of those days where I have seen God in so many moments. Hearing from friends I don't get to talk to very often, to making plans with new ones, to witnessing His beauty in new ways. Even in seeing one wonderful woman fight to live with every fiber of her being. She said a couple of years ago that death for her would be victory, but living is victory. There is no devil inbetween for a Christian. Being reminded of her saying that today, became a moment for me. What if we lived our lives by that? What if we lived like we had the victory?
There are so many simple ways for us to see God. The money He helps us to save at the grocery store, to our daughter being so excited to have brownies for dessert tonight that she at 4 and half, declared " They're all mine" in this cute little, unsarcastic voice that made us laugh. For me, I feel the appreciation for those moments God gives us by beauty around me and music. That is one reason why I am so in awe that God has been teaching me to write music, cause Lord knows I couldn't sing it. But I love music and I love to see the lay of the land. When I am driving I constantly look around me to see beautiful buildings or landscape. So in saying that I wanted to share a picture of something M&M and I saw last week. Took my breath away, literally since it was frickin' cold!





This way not five minutes from our house and covered this huge expanse of cliff face that you can't even see in the pictures. The height of the icicles in the first picture would have still been taller than me if I had stood on top of my SUV. There was water running underneath the icicles and they were cracking and splitting with me just standing there. The sound of Your voice, to be more beautiful than the sound of what I heard that day...
Oh, I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

No comments:

Friends of Mine