Background

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Living with Essential Oils-Body Scrub Recipe

Tuesday. I got on here to talk about Tuesday and now I'm sitting with the laptop trying to remember what in the world happened on Tuesday. It was just yesterday! How can I have already forgotten? And yeah, I do know there is an oil for that. I may not recall yesterday well, but I'm learning all about essential oils, baby!!!!

Oh yeah, I started the day with Peppermint essential oil behind my ears to help wake me up, along with a cup of coffee. This time I didn't end up with Lavender flavored coffee by putting a drop of Lavender on the inside of my cheek (for allergy relief) and then taking a sip of my coffee. Ick! Yeah, take it from me, don't do that.

Tim drank water flavored by Peppermint essential oil, which he now loves. It gets rid of belly fat, curbs cravings (so much so that I have to sometimes remind myself to eat), gives energy, is a mood-lifter, helps concentration, relieves heartburn and stomach problems just to name a few things. I think it pumped Tim full of energy because before I knew it he was out the door to go do a project and he took two bottles of Peppermint water with him. I love how these oils are effecting our family! We've even almost succeeded in getting the kids and Tim off sodas. Before, we've had a huge problem when we are out trying to find something to drink, and usually end up resorting to soda to get something cold and flavored when we run out of our water that we take with us. But we are trying to rely more on VitaminWater and Fuze in those cases.

Tuesday I finally attacked the kitchen with my mind full of ideas, although I didn't get as far as I had intended.  I took the blinds down, cleaned the floors, and kept getting distracted by regular kitchen duties. I have plans, though, for a ceiling hung pot rack and an island that has a fold out leaf for a table at the window seat. I also have to make new covers for the window seat cushions. They came with the house and are ugly, ugly, ugly. However, we do upcycle so one of the covers became a new dog bed for Belle when I filled it with polyester stuffing and some quilt batting.

The most important part of the day was getting a lot of school work done with the kids. Woohoo! That little pesky worm of worry was not allowed any room in my stomach. Mercy and I got five lessons of English done. Maybe by the end of the school year she will have gotten another unit or two in. One can hope!

One thing I've forgotten to mention is this wonderful body scrub I've been using in the shower. It is about 1/2 a cup of coconut oil, 1/8 cup of salt, and 1/8 cup of sugar with two drop of Peppermint essential oil and one drop of Lemon essential oil. I use it all over, except my face, and even use it as a shaving cream on my legs. Because of having the mastectomy last August, I have to keep the area my breast use to be supple for when I have reconstruction at my next mastectomy, so my skin will stretch well. This body scrub has benefited my skin so much, I haven't had to apply lotion as often, and my skin is still smooth and soft! Plus I know with the oils coming from such a reputable company, the essential oils are only going to benefit my skin and not harm it. I however, could not have done this while getting radiation or chemo because of how the coconut oil interacts with treatment. Now it is safe though.

I also got desperate and put a drop of Thieves on a q-tip and swirled it around my gums where they hurt. It is not as numbing as Orajel, but I can also feel my tongue with Thieves and not with Orajel. Isn't it annoying how no matter how hard you try with that stuff, you always get some on your tongue or the corner of your mouth and then your drink starts dribbling down your chin? No, never happened to you? Well aren't you just all kinds of special!! It certainly felt better after using the Thieves, but once again it is not a one time cure-all, just like tylenol isn't. You have to take otc pain killers every 4-6 hours and topical relievers just as often. Thieves I don't really have to worry about overdosing on, either. I'm sold! Literally. Bought the kit and everything. Our next order is supposed to be here tomorrow and it is going to be sooooooo wonderful!!!!!

Well, I can't remember anything else about yesterday right now, so I'm going to pack it in for the night and go read a good book. Have a great one, everybody!

No comments:

Friends of Mine